If there is one system of the body that requires constant support, it’s the immune system. This complex bodily system is responsible for keeping us safe from infections and providing the body with a natural self-healing mechanism. The immune system is responsible for the body’s inflammatory response, which sends cytokines to areas of the body that are threatened by injury or illness.
The immune system’s incredibly important role in maintaining our overall health is why we need to work hard to keep it functional, by providing it with everything that it needs to do its job as efficiently as possible. Our focus will be on the role that cannabidiol (CBD) might actually have in maintaining good immune function.
How the Immune System Works
The immune system is a network of cells and tissue that play an important role in keeping the body safe from harm. When an infection enters the body, it is the immune system’s job to send cytokines to the affected area to fight off the invaders, by producing the body’s inflammatory response that causes areas of the body to become swollen and painful in the process. The immune system is the reason why the majority of infections do not pose an enormous threat to the body. The immune system also sends cytokines to areas of the body that have become injured, using these cells in an effort to repair damaged tissue.
The immune system is efficient when it comes to preventing harm to the body, but sometimes its efforts can backfire, such as the case of allergies. Allergens like pet dander and pollen do not pose any real harm to the body, but the immune system can mistakenly perceive them as threatening, which is why we can experience severe symptoms when exposed to them. The immune system can also attack its host, causing autoimmune symptoms like eczema and various digestive ailments.
Supporting the Immune System for Maximum Health
If the immune system is not being properly looked after, it can malfunction. A weak immune system struggles to fight off infections, which can make viruses and other illnesses more deadly. In fact, a compromised immune system can attack its host, as we described with autoimmune conditions earlier, and make it sensitive to things that are not actually threatening, like certain types of food that can trigger inflammation in the body.
There are various factors that can contribute to a weakened immune system.
- Poor diet, as the immune system relies on proper nutrition to function at its highest level.
- Certain foods can cause inflammation in the body, such as excess levels of sugar, alcohol and dairy.
- Stress can deplete the immune system, because the process of releasing cortisol into the body on a regular basis can cause the body to become inflamed, which takes resources away from the immune system. Many people who are under severe stress tend to get sick more frequently.
- Some people are naturally born with weaker immune systems due to genetic factors, which means that they need to work hard to keep the immune system as supported as possible.
What is the Direct Role of CBD on Immune Health?
CBD is a cannabinoid, which is a specific type of compound that is used by the endocannabinoid system (ECS) . This means that cannabidiol binds to cannabinoid receptors that are located in every system of the body, including the immune system. What happens when this binding process occurs is that the cannabinoid receptors have the ability to regulate specific functions of the system to help them operate more efficiently and effectively.
The inflammatory response, which comes from the immune system, is responsible for the pain and swelling that we experience when we are injured. The immune system may have to work extremely hard to help the body repair itself, which can cause extreme inflammation that leads to severe pain. CBD may regulate the body’s inflammatory process so that the immune system does not have to put as much effort into healing the affected area.
We now know that inflammation of the digestive tract can lead to a host of autoimmune conditions and get in the way of the immune system’s important job of fighting off illnesses. New studies are showing us that CBD might help reduce digestive inflammation, which can directly improve immunity.
Another common use for cannabidiol is stress relief. As we said earlier, stress can wreak havoc on the health of the immune system. CBD has been found in studies to regulate cortisol production to stop excessive levels of cortisol from being released into the body, which can interfere with immune function.
Further research has pointed to a link between CBD and general immune health. Through its regulatory process, cannabidiol may be able to overall provide support to the immune system by improving its functionality.
Using CBD Then for Immune Wellness
The immune system requires regular support to keep the body in good health, and there are many reasons why a person’s immune system may be struggling. Supporting the immune system involves good diet, stress management and healthy daily habits. One way to potentially maximize your efforts to support the immune system is by taking cannabidiol.
Using CBD specifically for improving your immune system is something that more people are doing nowadays, due to the findings in the studies linked above. It’s important that before you begin a routine with hemp, you speak to your doctor, who can give you personalized medical advice. CBD works best when it is taken on a daily basis, as this gives the ECS full support so that the cannabinoids can work as effectively as possible.
You’ll need to choose a delivery method that appeals to you, and select a milligram strength that’s higher enough to deliver results according to your unique needs and body weight.
Nectar Wellness CBD Products for Immune Support
Nectar Wellness sells high-quality, potent, and lab-tested CBD products that could be ideal for any routine revolving around immune support.
- Supercharged™ CBD Oil - Sublingual: Our unique CBD+CBG Oil with Vitamin D3 brings the meaning of broad-spectrum to an entirely new dimension because we are able to now influence both C1 and C2 receptors increasing the overall benefit and experience to the user.
- Supercharged™ CBD Gummies: Offer an easy, tasty way of integrating CBD and Vitamin D3 into your daily routine. The inclusion of Vitamin D3 with CBD has never been more important to assist resistance to current stresses to our body in today’s world. Our CBD gummies are made using our Supercharged™ CBD from responsibly grown hemp. These are also gluten free, non-GMO, and 100% vegan (made with pectin, a plant originated gelatin).